How do you use the most popular finishes in your kitchen remodel without ending up with a kitchen that looks like everyone else’s??
I recently wrote about the most popular kitchen finishes for 2016. Hardwood floors, simple white cabinetry, granite countertops and glass blacksplash tiles are the ingredients for the quintessential 2016 kitchen remodel. Here you see a sample of what those finishes could look like together.
I’ve taken the 2016 kitchen one step further and added furniture, lighting, and accessories to give it a transitional farmhouse look. I’ve chosen brown, but grey could also be a great choice here The key to creating a great-looking kitchen involves more than just thinking about the construction finishes. Even if you select the safest, most popular finishes, if you have a clear and cohesive design vision for ALL your selections, your kitchen remodel will be anything but ordinary.
- Rustic french farmhouse chairs.
- Transitional farmhouse style table
- Large Scale Geometric Patterned Rug. Choose an Indoor-Outdoor rug that can handle spills and messes.
- Set of 2 oversized chandeliers for over table. Go big or go home.
- Kitchen Island Chandelier with iron, rope, and exposed edison bulbs.
- French farmhouse stools. These would look great with a contrasting black island in front of them.
- Patterned geometric white and brown draperies.Wrought Iron window treatment hardware- clean and simple.